IN THE NEWS…."I can't live like this; I'm afraid of the summer because we moved in September and we had an issue with scorpions. I don't want to see what the summer is gonna look like," said Arizona resident.
That time of year is back again! Summer weather is when scorpions are most active and will find their way into your Arizona home.
Scorpions can be difficult to keep out of your home. The answer to a scorpion problem isn’t just killing off individual scorpions, but in learning to control the neighborhood population. This requires using a systematic and methodical approach to eliminate scorpions that are in your home and to discourage new scorpions from entering your home.
Your First Line of Defense
The most important step in keeping scorpions out of the house is a comprehensive sealing of your home.
- Make sure all structural cracks are sealed well. Scorpions can wiggle through even the tiniest space.
- Get door seals to prevent scorpions from coming in under the doors.
- Make sure your windows close tightly and the screens are sealed so scorpions can't climb in.
- Place glue boards near entryways and near cracks.
- Clear debris or anything that scorpions can hide under.
- Keep the cricket population near your home or garden down, they will draw in scorpions.
There is no one-step solution to keeping scorpions out of your home. Because of the complexity of some of these tasks, like sealing the home, it is generally best to enlist the services of an experienced pest control company, like Conquistador Pest and Termite. Email us for a free estimate.