As a property management professional, you already know the importance of a commercial termite control plan. Termites are known as “silent destroyers” because noticeable damage does not appear until three to eight years after the initial infestation. Subterranean termites, local to Tucson, eat 24/7 and are the most destructive species of termite found in the U.S. It is estimated that termites cause $5 billion in property damage and treatment costs each year.
This winter season Conquistador Pest & Termite has already noticed how busy this year is with termite calls. Ken Fredrick mentions that this usual high activity is a result of our warmer winter weather and the large amount of rain Tucson has received in the past few months.
Commercial Termite Control Protects Your Property Management Business
- Termites can cause significant property damage.
- Termite infestations commonly go undetected until obvious signs of damage occur.
- Unchecked termite infestations can affect property values.
- Extensive termite damage can make floors or walls sag due to loss of structural integrity.
- It is easy for small termite issues to quickly become big problems.
- A medium-sized colony of 3 million termites could eat one foot of that 2X4board in only two days.
Listed are some tips for you and your property management staff to do to help prevent termite infestations from starting.
- Repair leaky pipes.
- Remove standing water from around your buildings.
- Eliminate wood that touches the building’s exterior.
- Trim back tree limbs near your buildings.
- Seal openings or cracks in the building’s foundation.
- Repair damaged fascia boards.
Signs of Termites
Here are a few red flags that termites may be present in your property:
- Hollow sounds in woods when you tap it with a screwdriver.
- Painted walls can appear to bubble or peal.
- Tunnels in drywall or wall paper.
- Mud tubes on the building’s foundation.
- Discarded wings near doors or windowsills.
Pests can eat up your profits.
Don’t wait to find out how termites can impact your property management business. Help put termites in their place with a proactive, preventive professional pest control plan that will help you maximize productivity and profits while minimizing tenant complaints.
Only 50% of Americans will have termite inspections, call Conquistador Pest & Termite to have your property inspected today.